Sunday 8 March 2015

End of Summer

After a year in Queensland and a full summer here in Canberra, I find myself desperate to feel that bite of a Canberra winter's morning in my lungs. It's still beautifully warm and sunny and everything is still green from all the rain we've had, but you can see some trees that are keen to get a headstart on the others for Autumn. Sprinkles of yellow leaves around the place remind me that I'll get my wintery wish soon enough.

I'm two months into the treatment and it's steady as she goes. I have to remind myself that it's going to be between 6 months and as much as 18 months before I see real, measurable, consistent improvement. So patience, persistence and positivity are the keys. I have noticed little things here and there that suggest that something is... at work, I guess you could say. Nothing to shout from the rooftops, but it's all being recorded in a daily diary - something I'd recommend for anyone at any stage of Meniere's.

Importantly, I've returned to full time work. It's not easy, I can't lie. The job itself is great and the people are a warm, friendly, happy, hard working bunch. That in itself is something to be very grateful for. I have better days and worse days and some days where I just can't go to work. I've employed my usual policy of honesty with co workers and bosses when it comes to Meniere's. Given how little known and understood MD is, if I can spread a little awareness in my own little sphere of influence, why not?

So the challenge is to do my job well, work on getting well and look beyond how I feel each day. Start living for tomorrow, as well as for today. That's a challenge for everyone with Meniere's, but it's one we should all do our best to meet.

The best of health to you and those you love.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Justin, here's hoping you get this message.

    Is there any difference between Orthokine and Regenokine at all?

    Also, have you considered antivirals? I'm curious as to how antivirals would play a part, since my non-educated guess would be that it might be important to eliminate the viruses so that they don't cause future complications post Orthokine treatment.

    When did you commence treatment of Orthokine shots?

    Thanks! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gordon, I haven't tried the Orthokine treatment. I'm on the Stephen Spring Protocol. I try not to offer advice on how to best approach Meniere's as there is so much noise out there already that is just so unhelpful to those of us with this condition. However I am hopeful that I am providing another positive voice and that discussing any improvement I've made and may make in the future will provide some sort of benefit to someone out there. I'm very sorry for not responding sooner and I hope you see this response.

      I've posted a link to Stephen Spring's website in my latest update. You may wish to have a look at the info there.

      I will be here far more regularly so if you do happen to read this and you respond, I'll make sure I get back to you ASAP.

      All the best to you.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Justin, just wanted to let you know I was interested in your progress! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fareed. Thanks for your comment and I hope you get to see this reply, one year late though it may be!

      I've updated the blog which gives a bit of an indication of how I'm travelling.

      I hope you're well.

      Delete